A VPN( Virtual Private Network) is software that encrypts your privacy & provides you a safe & healthy environment over the internet for safe or secure browsing, streaming & online surfing. It prevents unauthorized third parties or other people from monitoring or eavesdropping on our online work & allows us to do our work remotely. It helps us to keep hidden while doing online shopping, streaming & gaming stuff. It is used for various purposes like streaming geo-restricted content, accessing region-blocked games & for purchasing stuff from other countries.
How Does A VPN Work?
A VPN hides your IP from hackers, snoopers, online attackers, and even from your ISP(internet service provider) & your government. We can say that VPN creates a tunnel or a specific path between your device IP & website you visit to share & collect data. It keeps you anonymous while you are working online & saves your data from collecting by hackers or eavesdroppers. The VPN also encrypts the traffic by which you visit any site or platform so no one will be able to track you & know your location.
Why Use A VPN?
VPN is a type of software tool that hides your IP or DNS server from others & provides you with a safe & secure environment while using the internet. If you want to save your data from leaking outside while you are accessing the internet. If you wants to hide your location from hackers & government censorship and want to unblock the geo-restriction, you will be going to need a VPN. some of the best VPN services are NordVPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost VPN, etc.
Purpose Of Using A VPN
VPN can be used for various purposes like streaming, gaming, torrenting, Windows, IOS, macOS & Android. These purposes are fulfilled daily by using the VPN software for the users.
- VPN For Gaming: A VPN can be used for gaming. It helps you to connect with foreign players and enjoy your game. Using the best gaming VPN gives you an additional advantage which is you can enjoy country-specific resources like skins, guns, maps, vehicles, etc
- VPN For Streaming: We love to watch our favorite content that is available in other regions. But we are not able to access them from our region where we are situated so we have a VPN to make us anonymous & unblock the geo-restricted content.
- VPN For Windows: VPN performs special functions for Windows. It helps to browse the internet safely & securely on Windows devices. Also helps to hide our data from others.
- VPN For Android: VPN are mainly used on android devices for privacy & security. The best Android VPN can help us to do various things on our android device whether it is gaming, streaming, or torrenting. You can perform all your daily tasks safely.
- VPN For IOS: IOS devices are basically secure but still to watch or play the geo-restricted content we use VPN software on IOS devices.
Benefits Of Using A VPN
There are various benefits of using the VPN that helps us in a direct or indirect way. These benefits that we get by using the VPN are just on another level. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
The VPN provides secure encryption for every task we perform on our devices from browsing to streaming. All these tasks that we perform can be used for collecting data about ourselves. So using a VPN helps to secure ourselves from such threats by encrypting our data.
Make You Anonymous:
VPN is used for hiding your IP & DNS servers from your ISP & the sites on the internet. This feature of VPN act as a proxy because the sites get your location from other countries due to which your exact location remains hidden from others.
The VPN software is used to make you anonymous all the time. Because of that your IP address remain hidden from the site where you want to remove the geo-restriction. The VPN provides you the exact IP address of the location for the site you want to unblock.
Secure Data Transfer:
The VPN provides you a secure tunnel or path on the internet for sharing & transferring your file. Through this feature, no one will be able to collect the data you have shared with the site or any other.
What Should A Good VPN Do?
The VPN software is said to be a good VPN because it has many unique features to offer. VPN providers must be loyal to their customers for seeing their data. VPN helps us in many ways by offering important features to us these are mentioned below:
- Encryption Of Your IP: The VPN helps you to hide your IP address from your ISP & other third parties. Because of this, no one can see your data when you are browsing online. No one knows what you are up to other than your VPN provider & you.
- Kill Switch: This is one of the best features of the VPN that makes it a good VPN to use. This feature helps to reduce data compromisation by terminating the preselected program that has been suddenly interrupted.
- Two-Factor Authentication: By using the different methods of authentication the VPN checks everyone who tries to log in by using a secure connection. This makes it difficult for uninvited third parties to access your secure connection.
What Are Different Types Of VPN?
As we all know that there are various types of VPN softwares available. The can be used as an application & browser extension. But technically VPN are of three types these are mentioned below:
It is usually an HTML-5 capable browser that is used to create your company’s login page. This VPN is available virtually for any operating system.
It is a type of VPN that is used by large companies to have their own secure intranet service.
This VPN helps to hide your private intranet & allows users to access the resources of this Intranet service.
In this type of VPN the client is connected to the server through a tunnel. To use this VPN the client must first be installed and configured on the computer. It involves a direct internet connection from VPN provider not from your own ISP.
How To Install A VPN On The Computer?
The VPN can be installed on the devices by different methods. The methods of installing a VPN should be easy & safe. Some of the methods are given below:
First of all, you have to install & configure the VPN Client on your PC. Now, we have to configure it to match the requirement of the endpoint. This endpoint is configured & its link is connected to the other endpoint, which creates the encryption tunnel.
VPN can also be installed as the browser extension on the device. These methods are implemented when you are browsing the internet. The VPN extension helps to hide your IP address & the DNS server you have & provides you the safe & secure browsing on the internet.
This method is very useful if you have multiple devices to connect. It allows you to connect the VPN directly to the router due to which you don’t have to connect or install the VPN separately on each device.
How To Install A VPN On The Mobile?
Like we installed the VPN on the computer. Installing a VPN on the mobile is not that complicated. By following these simple steps you can easily install a VPN on your mobile device:
- Firstly, you have to download the VPN application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile.
- For setting up the VPN you just have to sign in through your email.
- Now, that you are able to open the App & the user guide will start your tour in the VPN application.
- Follow the tour & learn the features of VPN & how to use them.
- Now, you are ready to use it.
The VPN software helps a lot in hiding & your IP & DNS server from uninvited third parties. The VPN route all your traffic through the encrypted tunnel. Your IP address is disguised whenever you use the internet, making it difficult for others to find your location. Only you are able to access the data that is available in the encrypted tunnel. VPN helps to unblock the geo-restricted sites easily without any problem from anywhere in the world. The VPN also defends us against external attacks from hackers & snoopers.
Is Free VPN Safe To Use?
Using a free VPN is a game of luck for you. Some free VPN providers are safer to use as they are doing social work. The free VPN may or may not provide you with the same browsing experience as the paid VPN is providing.
Is A VPN Legal?
VPN is not legal in some nations like it is not legal in Belarus, China, Iraq, North Korea, Oman, and Russia countries. Using a VPN sometimes for illegal activities is still illegal as it violates the rules of legit internet browsing.
Is Using A VPN Safe?
Yes, by using the VPN you can easily able to enjoy a safe & secure browsing experience. VPN is safe to use if your VPN provider is best & follows a strict no-log policy, most VPN providers follow this policy.